Saturday 19 June 2010

Quilt



So.. a few years ago I started this quilt with my friend Debbie. It was a BOM (Block of the Month) from a website online. I started it in 2008, thought it would be a great Graduation gift for Amanda. Sometime after Debbie left my sewing machine broke so I quit working on the quilt. I would still go in and download the pattern each month, and at the end I downloaded the finishing instructions. Well then we moved and once we were settled again I fixed my machine and decided to finally finish the quilt. One problem... i only had page 1 of 6 for the finishing. So I called my friend Debbie in AZ and she mailed me the directions to finish it. So I started this one with Debbie and I couldn't have finished it without her.. even if it was 2yrs later and we were miles apart. So here is the finished Quilt top... Amanda says " now maybe I might get it for a wedding present" I gotta figure out how to finish it... LOL

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Shannon it's gorgeous!!!! And who cares how long it took, it's a labor of true love! I admire you for finishing it!

Did you know I am in the process of creating one for our bedroom? I am totally stoked. But I am reminded how much I truly miss my time with Debbie and her walking me through every single step of the process!!!! So glad that she was there for you!
e.