Friday 22 August 2008

New Job

So... ya it has been like 20 days... since I posted anything...

The kids start school on Monday!! Woo Hoo They are excited...

I have this new job at the commissary... I am a merchandiser for one of the many companies that represent product in the store. I hang up coupons, do checklists, order stuff and build the occasional display...So far so good, very few hours which is good because I want to be able to help at the school this year.

With Amanda being a Senior and Lindsay in the middle school I realize how time flies by so fast and before you know it they are going to be all grown up...

I got back from Poland on the 17th. Our trip was great, the drive was long, but with 4 women in the car you always have something to talk about... We were able to spend a full day in Berlin on the way over... I was there 20 years ago when it was still in the East and you couldn't just drive there... I remember what the wall looked like and how scary it was to go into east Berlin... this time was very cool but at the same time it was odd to be there and yet I was so glad too because they are all free now. It is a really neat city to see, and to walk along the 1300m that is left of the wall and to be able to walk on the east side was something I will always remember.

On the pottery side, I bought lots and lots and it was so much fun... I have so many pieces now and I even got some new patterns this time... This is probably the last time I will get to go... we are due to PCS in Sept of next year. We hope to get stay overseas, and then maybe I can go back....

Bob has a new job, he is back at the squadron in the production office... back to shift work and weird hours... But he really likes to be working again... not just sitting at a desk...

I hope to have the pics from our Poland trip up soon, maybe I could play with this site and figure out how to make it pretty too...LOL

Good night for now

Shannon

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Its about time that you posted! Girl it's like morsels of your life so I can soak it all up!! I miss you guys so much!!

What a cool job it sounds like you have. I am working at the movie theater and pretty much all over when they need me. I never thought I'd work food but I feel blessed to be working there. I love working at the movies, it's fun.

I know right.. Can you believe that the kids are just getting so much older? It seems like forever since we saw you and I was looking at photos of you guys and cannot believe that time has just slipped by!

I'd love to see photos of your Poland trip and I am very jealous even if I could care less about pottery I would of love to of gone!